Bedrock Edition Server should be a thing.

SIVADivision

Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server Request.
Hello Miners,

I am posting this thread in hopes on seeing how many people would like to see a Bedrock Edition Server. I play on my Mobile with a controller as don't own a PC. I know that for some reason Console versions of Bedrock Edition don't allow adding of Custom Private Servers like the Mobile and PC versions of Bedrock Edition do. Even with this in mind I would like to see how many people would like to see a Bedrock Edition Server created for us that don't have access to Java Edition but would still like to play on the OG-Network Servers and play with other OG-NETWORK community members.

I feel that Bedrock Edition Server stability and plugin support has got better over the last year and as there is Promoted Servers that have many Games and Modes and have daily Online Players in the 1000s, I would without a doubt see the OG-NETWORK server seeing the same sort of player base.

If this is something that would be highly requested then leave a message below showing how much this would be a good thing in expanding the community on both Java and Bedrock.

If this has been rejected in the past I would like to see the Team reconsider if there is enough support shown here.

Keep on Mining and Watch your backs. Hsssssss........ Could sneak on up.

Peace all.

Deemure

They barely maintain one server, they won't be able to maintain two.
After all, as the owner said, he doesn't have time for this server.

ItzFlip

Admin
Staff
Admin
ItzFlip
ItzFlip
They barely maintain one server, they won't be able to maintain two.
After all, as the owner said, he doesn't have time for this server.
Not true. We cannot do a bedrock server at the moment because of the different mechanics. For example, if we open the network to bedrock players, they would get an unfair advantage in PvP because their movement and reach is slightly different. Furthermore, our anti-cheat is capable of ignoring bedrock players, but there is no efficient way of preventing bedrock players from cheating at all.

Hopefully at some point once floodgate works out all of these quirks, and an efficient means of catching bedrock cheaters becomes available and able to be integrated, then we can discuss opening the server to bedrock. We always loved the idea of bedrock players being able to join; however, there are a lot of obstacles and burdens we have to overcome before it is possible.

Hope this helps! :)

Deemure

Not true. We cannot do a bedrock server at the moment because of the different mechanics. For example, if we open the network to bedrock players, they would get an unfair advantage in PvP because their movement and reach is slightly different. Furthermore, our anti-cheat is capable of ignoring bedrock players, but there is no efficient way of preventing bedrock players from cheating at all.

Hopefully at some point once floodgate works out all of these quirks, and an efficient means of catching bedrock cheaters becomes available and able to be integrated, then we can discuss opening the server to bedrock. We always loved the idea of bedrock players being able to join; however, there are a lot of obstacles and burdens we have to overcome before it is possible.

Hope this helps! :)
this is self explanatory, I think he means two servers; one for bedrock and one for java.