SMP Feedback

Syntchi

Staff
I know the SMP server hasn't been hitting the same highs lately, between the bots and the crashed economy. But I want to hear from you! We're always looking for ways to improve the experience, and that means getting your honest feedback, and let’s be honest the feedback channel is a mess. So here’s a post for long form ideas. What can we do to make the SMP server a place you all want to log back into? How can epic get more of that sweet sweet og++. I will make sure every post is actually read and will compile good ideas to put as the payment details for my next donation purchase. Please keep it serious, low effort posts like “demote epic” will be deleted.

justkingvibe

small thing that could help fix the economy, even a small amount.

Have set prices for items that can be sold at market. Like a Blaze rod sells at Admin shop for 5$, make them sell in market for maybe 3 or 4$, and players can also set a custom price on the item depending on the item. Basically a price range or price cap an item can have.

MrBoom420

Server Ran Build/Base Competition for Main SMP: This would last from June 1st - July 15th prolly. Rewards are donated by community + Rankup from epic. Epic would tour these builds/bases on stream bringing in new players. The base submitter has to upload the first photo of the location with chat on so we can see the time it’s begins construction so ppl cant just submitted months old bases plus its during summer so ppl will have time to build more I’d be up to donate my head and other stuff to rewards

Syntchi

Staff
small thing that could help fix the economy, even a small amount.

Have set prices for items that can be sold at market. Like a Blaze rod sells at Admin shop for 5$, make them sell in market for maybe 3 or 4$, and players can also set a custom price on the item depending on the item. Basically a price range or price cap an item can have.
Capping prices is something that could be looked at but with admin shop related items this would remove a lot of player freedom which is the draw of the market system.

skelebone

Honestly a server wide event, maybe a mods re release the dragon egg into a random place and everyone has to search for it to gain a reward. Maybe a server wide tournament (pvp, ctf, build battle). Idk something to make people interested that doesn’t harm established things.

Buff sell prices of non-mob farm drops; nerf sell prices of mob farm drops. This would both irritate the mob farm afkers and decrease lag problems caused by mob farms.

Lo0ck

Perhaps something to keep the community engaged in the server.

Have monthly events hosted by admins like Mr. Epic or Flip to keep the community engaged in the server. These events could include PvP tournaments, building competitions, treasure hunts, etc. These events could serve as a means to provide a sense of respect and care within the community if done properly.

Additionally, hosting progress updates and Q&A streams for the server every couple of months could further provide respect for the community's input, particularly decisions that may affect the server, such as a reset.

There's also an easier way to implement these ideas and others: remove Mr. Epic from his own server and replace him with someone more active to take charge.

Syntchi

Staff
Honestly a server wide event, maybe a mods re release the dragon egg into a random place and everyone has to search for it to gain a reward. Maybe a server wide tournament (pvp, ctf, build battle). Idk something to make people interested that doesn’t harm established things.
Something in the works

Remove tax, make item clumps infinite and remove entity clumpong unless there is more the 24 in an area and make it infinite, unban minecrafter og account, actually enforce the alt cap of 5 and make it smaller

Do item of the week/day that gives more money. This would incentivizes people to keep items stocked up making base hunting more rewarding.