Automated Messages (for /report and /vote)

Tornadoguy

Staff
My suggestion is to add automated messages on the server that are sent to all players in both the main lobby and survival games servers, these messages would be purposed towards informing players about /report and /vote. While you may think this is unnecessary, I beg to differ. I've noticed a common trend that is apparent on OG-SG with regard to both new and current players being unaware of such commands.

With regard to /report, I have noticed time and time again whether it be players in the discord or the in-game chat constantly say things like "so and so is hacking", "mod this guy is cheating", or "mod ban so and so right now, did you see their hacks?". I am sure most if not all of the mods can agree that lots of these players don't use /report to notify staff of such hackers, or at-least not until being told to do so by mods thereafter. A simple message like "We don't like cheaters here at OG-SG, so if you see one, be sure to notify our staff using /report" would be an effective way of informing new players on how to approach any cheaters they may face while also allowing staff to do their jobs easier as /report would be serving its intended purpose better.

Although not as important, many if not most players know about /vote, however many players are also unaware that you are rewarded with coins for voting. A simple message like "Did you know voters are rewarded with coins to spend on in-game cosmetics and features? /vote for more", or something along those lines, would garner the attention of the new players joining the server as there is an incentive to vote that they have just then been made aware of, this in-turn would increase votes at a faster rate. Whether this makes a difference to the traction OG-SG receives from these voting sites I'm not sure, but I don't think it does any harm so I don't see any downsides to it.

TheCdubs

Admin
Staff
Admin
Overall, I think people are going to spam discord and in-game chat with "so and so did this and that" regardless of the commands being advertised. But spreading knowledge is something I can get behind so +1