Enderpearl cooldown

Add 4-5 second enderpearl cooldown

• Total voters

Honor1O25

(note: this suggestion would only affect people that pvp with maxed armor in a significant way)

I think enderpearls significantly affect OGnetwork in many negative ways. Over my time on this server, I compiled many complaints against enderpearls and why I think they should be nerfed to allow players to have a more intense and rewarding experience on this server. To begin I will start with a story.

Once there was a Minecraft player who really enjoyed the pvp aspect of the game. He loved.... well, killing people (in Minecraft of course). He enjoyed the thrill of battle. He began to play PVP-related minigames. One day he discovered the idea of pvp in an SMP. He saw videos of great feats of war and combat being established on SMPs which inspired him greatly. He wanted to be a great warrior whom everyone feared. Eventually, he decided to look for a vanilla server in which to test his skills. He was excited to test his skills in a place where there was a risk of fighting and a threat of losing your gear when dying. He began to look for one (which took a very long time cause most servers are p2w garbage) and eventually, he stumbled upon a server called OGnetwork. He slowly geared himself up with all the things he would need for a fight. Golden apples, potions, and the like. Before he even considered fighting someone he practiced for long periods of time, honing his skill for a real fight. Finally, the day came. Outside the humble spawn stood a player with maxed armor and weapons. Eagerly, he rushed out to fight. The battle was fierce but eventually, he gained the upper hand, dealing critical combos upon his opponent. Sensing victory, he began to feel the excitement rise within him. The thought of a new set of armor, tools, weapons, and the glory of winning excited him. All of a sudden his opponent began to run. His opponent began to throw enderpearls randomly in all directions. One enderpearl flying left another behind and another to his right. Suddenly he was disoriented and did not know which enderpearl to follow after. He tried to follow but eventually, his opponent was gone. Many other times the same thing happened to him with the same result. He never earned spoils from those fights. He only achieved broken armor and loss of resources. Furious, he thought that training would help him improve. He thought he would learn the secret to chasing players. No matter how hard he tried and practiced he could never seem to catch his opponents even if they were significantly worse at combat than he was. (Even bedrock players managed to elude him). As he continued to play OGnetwork he realized others had the same issue. Even some of the best fighters that were significantly superior at fighting than he was couldn’t pursue their opponents. The only satisfaction they got was being able to say the words, “ez run,” as their enemies fled away.
This story is true to me because that was me. I always wanted to be that cool fighter spawnkiller person that no one could contend with. But now I see the futility of such a thing. What is the purpose of fighting someone to attain nothing but loss? I have trained hours upon hours for fighting, to see the items of my enemy fill my inventory. But alas all I achieve is a fleeing opponent. I see the spawnkillers, the great pvpers of renown, fighting and slicing at spawn yet, like most battles, someone runs away while the other taunts. Rarely does it ever end in death (Note: I am talking about fights between people that are wanting to fight, not between a fighter and an unprepared fool who walks out of spawn and doesn’t bring ANY enderpearls…which is insanely dumb). Most fights at spawn between pvpers almost always end with one running and one taunting. This is madness! When I speak the reality of these things to people they usually respond with sayings like, “Skill issue get better at pearl tracking.” They say these things yet they themselves cannot do the very thing they ridicule me for being unable to do. Even I, one of the (supposedly) worst players on OGnetwork, can easily escape a group of 6 people in less than 20 seconds. In fact, I believe no one can efficiently “pearl track” a player.

I propose that this server should add an enderpearl cooldown. Making it so enderpearls cannot be used in rapid succession but only every 4-5 seconds. Of course, there are numerous positives if this change did occur but I will list a few. First, if enderpearls had a cooldown, many battles between maxed players would end with someone finishing off their opponent and gaining all of their items instead of them easily running away. It would make pvp more worthwhile and rewarding instead of unsatisfying and wasteful. Instead of pvp being a casual event, it would mean life and death. (aka an actual fight) The stakes would be higher but the reward would be greater. Instead of your reward being the privilege of saying “ez run,” it would be your enemy's wealth. Even some cringe p2w lifesteal servers have an enderpearl cooldown because they understand just how op enderpearls are.

Second, if enderpearls had a cooldown, deciding to fight someone would become more exciting. Instead of a player knowing he can easily run away whenever he pleases, he would know it would be a challenge to run and he might not succeed. It would be a scary thought but overall it would make battles more enjoyable knowing the difficulty of running away.

Finally, it would make running away exciting. Instead of a person casually running away from 5 maxed armored players, he would have to concentrate. With enderpearls having a cooldown, running away wouldn’t consist of spamming enderpearls in all directions. I can’t name the hundreds of times I have seen players escaping within 10 seconds. No skill, no thinking, just throwing enderpearls as fast as possible.

You might say, “Well, I have pearl tracked someone before. I guess I’m better than you nerd LLL”. You must have been tracking someone who waits for his pearls to land and throws them in very predictable patterns…almost as if he has an invisible pearl cooldown he’s following. Give me an example where you fought a decently skilled player outside spawn, and when he started to run, you caught up to him and killed him. I’ll wait…

And in case you’re not paying attention, I’m not talking about fights between undergeared people or fights with endcrystals. Those consistently end with death. But sword fights at spawn, the most commonly practiced form of combat here…I think you can finish the sentence. There’s a reason why people try to lure other players out of spawn block protection. It’s because they are smart enough to realize that you can’t kill someone with a sword if they have enderpearls. The only solution is killing them so quickly that they can’t conceive the thought of running away before they’re dead. Makes the fight kinda cheap, but then again what choice do these big brainers have?

Even the greatest pvpers on this server would agree with me. No one can be good enough at “pearl tracking” to catch someone. It simply isn’t likely that someone would be able to catch a player who is spamming enderpearls in all directions with the SIMULATION DISTANCE BEING 3 CHUNKS. I do not even understand why people put up with this. There is a reason why elytras stop working when someone is in combat. There is a reason why riptide tridents stop working when you are under attack. THERE IS A REASON. It's because the owner KNOWS how easy it is to escape with those items and enderpearls are the same THING(might actually be just as op too).

If you are a spawnkiller and think enderpearls shouldn’t be nerfed, then you are a terrible pvper who is afraid of the possibility of being unable to run away. You're afraid that, if this change were to occur, you would not be able to casually pearl away and keep all of your stuff. You don't want a fight to be hard, don't want it to be dangerous. You want fights to be safe, casual, and POINTLESS. You can get the same satisfaction from hopping on pvp legacy(maybe more so because you actually have to kill them to win the fight)! When battle is supposed to be a dangerous, rewarding, and thrilling experience you want it to be the opposite. So to that type of person I say, S K I L L I S S U E. And no this change will not make escaping people impossible it will make escaping someone a reasonable difficulty.

I understand that you may not be a pvper. You may want nothing to do with it. But for the sake of the people who enjoy fighting please upvote this suggestion. If you don't even pvp, this change won't affect you at all. The only scenario where you would be in danger if enderpearls were nerfed would be going to market. But then again you can always just put your stuff in your base or use your elytra to get there so nvm xd.

This is my rant on why enderpearls should be nerfed. Of course, there are other ways to solve this problem. For example, enderpearl damage could be dramatically increased thus solving the problem differently. Or enderpearls could only have a cooldown when a player is in combat. However, I think the simplest solution would be to make the cooldown longer. Making the cooldown (at least) long enough so a player can only throw one enderpearl before throwing another.

Hopefully, by now you can see why this would be beneficial. To wrap up I will restate my main points.

-Enderpearls make escaping extremely easy and unexciting

-Enderpearls are the cause for numerous fights ending in a very unexciting way aka someone running away

-Enderpearls need a cooldown of 4-5 seconds

-Making this change would make pvp more fun and rewarding

-Making this change would make escaping someone more difficult and exciting