Suggestions :)

ScottageCheese

I've been thinking about some possible things that could be implemented into the server, so let me know your opinions on some of these suggestions.

1) Make soup able to be eaten by right clicking once and be given regen.
On other server that I've played, you are able to tap once on soup and you get some regen. for a couple seconds. While this would be cool, it could easily be spammed during fights which is a con to this suggestion. One thing that could be implemented could be a cooldown on how often you can eat soup. Just a thought that I was thinking of.

2) Whenever you kill someone, their head should become a placed block on the floor where they died, where you can right click and be given 2-3 hearts of healing as well as a short burst of speed for a couple seconds to avoid being cleaned up after a fight.

We all have those times when we are playing where there is someone just waiting behind ready to be a janitor and one tap you in the back. An easy way that you could counter this could be with this idea. This was a thing back on the server Minecraft Monday, and I enjoyed that feature. It made things very interesting. If anything, we could put some sort of twist on this. But again, this is just a idea/suggestion!

3) Change up the tiering/chance of getting iron armor or gapple/add some items to chests
The tiering on the maps on this server are pretty good as far as I've played. But some things that have bothered me when it comes to the loot that are in certain chests are, its WAY too easy to get full iron. I'm not saying to make it almost impossible to get iron out of tier 2's but maybe try and decrease the chance of it or make it to where, yes there is a chance to find iron armor in the chest, but limit it to maybe one piece of iron armor per chest or if you're lucky, two pieces of iron armor instead of getting literally a full set of iron armor out of one chest. That has happened to me multiple times. To add to that, another thing I would suggest is to make golden apples more rare because I go into a deathmatch fighting people who have 4 gapples. Also, I would suggest putting gold in chests!!! I found one piece of gold one time in a chest but after that never again. I feel like if you are able to get apples, you should be able to get gold in chests. Don't make the spawning as high as iron but like right between diamonds and iron. Another thing I would suggest is making diamonds a TINY bit more difficult to find. I feel like in a lot of the tier 2's I find diamonds a lot. I would say the spawn rate of diamonds in chests are so close to being perfect. Just a tiny bit less of a chance.

Of course respond to this thread if you agree/disagree with any of the suggestions I made, as well as give me some suggestions as well. Share your thoughts! I would like to hear them! Much love <3

TheCdubs

Admin
Staff
Admin
1.) Generally I would think that is a fantastic idea, however I don't think that really fits in with the OG-SG vibe. It wasn't a part of the original Survival Games, so I don't think it would make a great addition here.

2.) Same opinion as 1.

3.) Possibly a good idea, and also the people with 4 gapples might have been sponsored to get those instead of having found them in chests.

cayce

I've been thinking about some possible things that could be implemented into the server, so let me know your opinions on some of these suggestions.

1) Make soup able to be eaten by right clicking once and be given regen.
On other server that I've played, you are able to tap once on soup and you get some regen. for a couple seconds. While this would be cool, it could easily be spammed during fights which is a con to this suggestion. One thing that could be implemented could be a cooldown on how often you can eat soup. Just a thought that I was thinking of.

2) Whenever you kill someone, their head should become a placed block on the floor where they died, where you can right click and be given 2-3 hearts of healing as well as a short burst of speed for a couple seconds to avoid being cleaned up after a fight.
We all have those times when we are playing where there is someone just waiting behind ready to be a janitor and one tap you in the back. An easy way that you could counter this could be with this idea. This was a thing back on the server Minecraft Monday, and I enjoyed that feature. It made things very interesting. If anything, we could put some sort of twist on this. But again, this is just a idea/suggestion!

3) Change up the tiering/chance of getting iron armor or gapple/add some items to chests
The tiering on the maps on this server are pretty good as far as I've played. But some things that have bothered me when it comes to the loot that are in certain chests are, its WAY too easy to get full iron. I'm not saying to make it almost impossible to get iron out of tier 2's but maybe try and decrease the chance of it or make it to where, yes there is a chance to find iron armor in the chest, but limit it to maybe one piece of iron armor per chest or if you're lucky, two pieces of iron armor instead of getting literally a full set of iron armor out of one chest. That has happened to me multiple times. To add to that, another thing I would suggest is to make golden apples more rare because I go into a deathmatch fighting people who have 4 gapples. Also, I would suggest putting gold in chests!!! I found one piece of gold one time in a chest but after that never again. I feel like if you are able to get apples, you should be able to get gold in chests. Don't make the spawning as high as iron but like right between diamonds and iron. Another thing I would suggest is making diamonds a TINY bit more difficult to find. I feel like in a lot of the tier 2's I find diamonds a lot. I would say the spawn rate of diamonds in chests are so close to being perfect. Just a tiny bit less of a chance.

Of course respond to this thread if you agree/disagree with any of the suggestions I made, as well as give me some suggestions as well. Share your thoughts! I would like to hear them! Much love <3
mcmonday

EPIKSTA

I think all the suggestions in this thread are good but the first two don't really make sense on this server as OG-SG is an SG server. although on the last suggestion, I do believe they should add that but not the suggestion for diamond's, I feel like diamonds should actually be very slightly more common than they are now but still only in tier 2 chest's. I believe every item should only have very slightly different rarity, as if you make (for example) diamonds extremely rare than the game would be unbalanced if one person manages to find two diamonds and make a diamond sword (assuming that diamond swords are also rare if not impossible to find).

ScottageCheese

I think all the suggestions in this thread are good but the first two don't really make sense on this server as OG-SG is an SG server. although on the last suggestion, I do believe they should add that but not the suggestion for diamond's, I feel like diamonds should actually be very slightly more common than they are now but still only in tier 2 chest's. I believe every item should only have very slightly different rarity, as if you make (for example) diamonds extremely rare than the game would be unbalanced if one person manages to find two diamonds and make a diamond sword (assuming that diamond swords are also rare if not impossible to find).
damn that's true, i didn't think about it like that

Frequix

1) I think that is a good idea, however, I don't think that fits OG:SG. I'm not "Everything needs to be OG". But I feel like this really removes from the OG feel. And most people who play are here to play the OG survival games.

2) Same as my first answer.

3) I feel like this could be good on some maps, however, I don't feel like it's a major issue and just gives players more of a reason to play more so they can learn where all the op chests are.