[YouTube] Rank SUCKS! And how you can Improve it.

AliveJy

1- Applying on 2 channels, second and main. (Applying).
I think that you should be freely able to apply on 2 channels, some people don't want to upload in their main channel yet, because they are trying to get a really good video out, or simply don't have time to create a video, this is why, uploading on a second channel will not hurt your channel as much, because you can upload whatever you want and still technically upload in the past 2 weeks. And still grow your channel, For my reason for not uploading in 2 weeks is because I'm trying to make a good video but when I finish, I realize that it's bad, so I'd have to practice a bit on editing and other stuff before I can actually upload, but if I can apply on my second channel too, I would be able to upload whatever I want, to see if people would like it or no, and still be eligible to apply for [YouTube] Rank. And also make videos on the server so I actually upload videos on the server, and see people's opinion on it, knowing that I still might get [YouTube] Rank.

2- Removing the 2 weeks to upload thing. (Applying).
I personally don't care about this feature if the uploading on main and second gets added, but if it doesn't, I personally think that you just have to know that you will upload Minecraft in the future.

4- There is no nick command. (General YT Rank).

3- Terrible [YouTube] Rank color scheme. (General YT Rank).

This is more of a opinion, I don't like the current color scheme, and don't like that its bold, I have a better color scheme in mind:
1617776962388.png

**HERE IS MY DECLINED APPLICATION: AliveJy Applying For [Youtube] Rank | OG: Survival Games (og-sg.net).**

Last edited:

Coolwoobyer

I don't know why you would make the YouTube rank orange. You also get the rank when the admins think you deserve it. I don't know if changing requirements to suit you is really a good idea. The more accessible it is, the more people will cry about wanting to get it. I do think a nick command is a kind of good idea, especially if the server grows and people will be annoying dipshits who target people with higher ranks because they think they'll get attention out of it.

AliveJy

I don't know why you would make the YouTube rank orange. You also get the rank when the admins think you deserve it. I don't know if changing requirements to suit you is really a good idea. The more accessible it is, the more people will cry about wanting to get it. I do think a nick command is a kind of good idea, especially if the server grows and people will be annoying dipshits who target people with higher ranks because they think they'll get attention out of it.
Have you seen the terrible color scheme and that its bold, it looks so bad... that was just one of my ideas about how they can make it good looking.

Tornadoguy

Staff

Firstly, there isn't any rule clarifying whether or not you can apply on two channels, or whether you must apply on your 'main' channel, therefore your first point stands to prove and change nothing.

Secondly, the two week upload requirement ensures the channel maintains relevance to the content this rank is purposed for. If a youtuber does not actively upload minecraft content, how will they be attracting new players to the server?

Thirdly, I have been told in the coming weeks that youtuber ranks will be given perms along the lines of /disguise or /nick so they are not targeted in-game, I am sure owners are aware of what permissions youtuber rank gives.

Lastly, I think the youtuber rank colour scheme is fine as is but it's really a matter of preference. Something like that is low priority on the list of things Epic & Fancy have to implement or adjust to ensure the server can compensate for the influx of players coming daily.

AliveJy

Firstly, there isn't any rule clarifying whether or not you can apply on two channels, or whether you must apply on your 'main' channel, therefore your first point stands to prove and change nothing.

Secondly, the two week upload requirement ensures the channel maintains relevance to the content this rank is purposed for. If a youtuber does not actively upload minecraft content, how will they be attracting new players to the server?

Thirdly, I have been told in the coming weeks that youtuber ranks will be given perms along the lines of /disguise or /nick so they are not targeted in-game, I am sure owners are aware of what permissions youtuber rank gives.

Lastly, I think the youtuber rank colour scheme is fine as is but it's really a matter of preference. Something like that is low priority on the list of things Epic & Fancy have to implement or adjust to ensure the server can compensate for the influx of players coming daily.
1617778590524.png

Tornadoguy

Staff
Of course the channel you provide them with for your application is the channel you upload on, why would you expect it to be any other way? For people with two youtube accounts, this does not restrict them from applying with their alternative account if it meets the necessary requirements for the rank.

xYOSIYAx

The only problem I have with the color scheme is the brackets.

The 2 weeks thing should probably bumped up to like a month because I’ve seen youtubers that upload once a month or more.

Frequix

I was going to state my opinion on this, but I feel like everyone else has already done that.
And I can confirm that nick/disguise feature will come out shortly.