A bunch of ideas

i have a lot of ideas and tbh I don't wanna make like 20 threads so I'm going to write them all down right here,

1 - A reputation system for the upcoming SMP servers, let me explain, in spawn there will be a (or in the discord) book or chat that people can use a command to give reputation to other people, if you grief people they can lower your reputation, but there would be no anti grief, so it’s all about trust and skill, if your skilled enough you could pull the most epic heist, but if your caught, your in trouble. but if a admin sees that someone is abusing this system, the abuser would get a huge lowering in their reputation or even have a bounty put on them, at spawn there should be shops people could set up, and have reputation limits, like the food shop should only allow people with 10 Rep or higher, so you must be careful, there should also be a currency that can be donated, but it should be able to be stolen, and people with higher rep will be able to store it more easily, along with this, you could put clubs or trading area, using that rep allowed system.

2 - shield dilemma, Don't add shields, its a OG experience not a custom PVP experience, but if you do, make them have automatically low durability like flint n' steel and make them dialable with crits from a sword and if there 1.9 or higher make a plugin that lowers axes attack, because axes would be OP, this would make everything fair for everyone

3 - make it so end city's get reset in the SMP but not the end itself. why? well because people like me will want to build a end base and not have it get deleted.

4 - one big thing problem i think the smp will have is greifers buying multiple accounts and then using these to make the SMP like 2b2t, so have some rules against alts or make it so you can ban people from the SMP but not the rest of the server.

5 - make a FAQ, there's a lot of people asking the same questions and this would make it easier on the mods as there is very few of them.
here is some of the most FAQ I've seen while playing,
- is there any game mode other than SG?
- what do ranks give you?
- why is the server crashing so much?
- why cant i break blocks in SG?
- is teaming allowed in SG?
- where are the rules?
- who are the staff?
- how do i get ranks?
- what versions is the server on?

6 - add a role that's like a mini mod, less power than a mod (they cant ban kick etc.) but there is a lower age constraint, for people who want to help and answer questions, which leaves more time for mods to check reports and catch hackers, this would be helpful especially when you guys get more game modes.

7 - balance out timings for SG, chest refills should happen more often, but ender/ tier 2 chests should become tier 1 chests so middle campers dont always win, make the death match happen after 20 minutes or when there is only 3 players left and make it so after 15 minutes people glow or give everyone trackers, make deathmatches 5 minutes, so a game at max would be 25 minutes

8 - make a dedicated 2 player SGs as many people wanna have a fair 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 but other wanna have a 2v2v2v2v2 so everyone's happy and there's a lot less arguing.

9 - make a simple creative plot world where people can build what they want and see others builds too ( idk if its possible with the amount of block differences in 1.8-1.16 )

10 - make a official rule list ( credit to: EPIKSTA)

11 - host championships every month (a SG competition with 100 entry spots, people who haven't been in one get priority, 10000 ingame money reward for winner)

12 - create achievements and challenges, like if you kill 10 people you get the "murderer" achievement, or a use no armor and win a SG challenge for extra xp and coins

13 - change the name once you get more game modes, because OGSG wont fit when you have a SMP

14 - add spleef, giant parkour maps, duels, skywars, and OG bedwars, as these are the maps i think of when i think OG game modes.\

15 - have no commands except for /sethome and /spawn in the SMP, as these are kinda needed if your far out you need to get to your base or to spawn, unless the world has world borders then dont add these.

16 - add a filter to chat that puts a # instead of 1 letter of commonly used curse words as younger players might be playing

i might add more later but these are all the ideas that i think are possible that should be in the server.
- chromatic_Prism/PRISM

TheCdubs

Admin
Staff
Admin
1.) Seems a little unnecessary, and not that much like an OG SMP experience.

2.) Shield debacle is being voted on in #announcements on the discord. As it currently lies, 342-115 in favor of NOT disabling shields. Also should be noted that the server is going to be 1.16 out of the gate, but it will feature 1.8 combat (probably, again being voted on in the discord).

3.) That seems like an interesting idea, although if I was to guess, it would probably come down to the end fully resetting every time just based on the number of builds that will already be there. Maybe just reset it whenever the SMP is reset itself would be a nice compromise there.

4.) There are a lot of SMP servers already out there, and most of them don't have griefing problems. They have anti-griefing plugins (which is more or less a necessity now a-days). The community surrounding SMP servers is also generally quite friendly. I'm sure the administration will come up with a number of solutions to potential griefing problems.

5.) That is a great idea, although, you could start this yourself. On the forums of many communities, an FAQ topic is surprisingly rarely created by the staff, and it is usually just a pinned post from a dedicated player in the fanbase.

6.) Sounds similar to a Helper role on other servers, and who knows what the staff will do when it comes to that. Also as a side note, mini-mod is a poor term for this since mini-modding is a term used to describe people who are not staff member attempting to perform staff duties, and it is usually against the rules on many servers.

7.) No opinion

8.) I think two separate server types (solos and duos) would be great.

9.) It is possible to have a creative world that works with 1.8-1.16 (you can just only use 1.8 blocks). However, I like the current focus from the team on other gamemodes like SMP and such.

10.) I'm fairly certain this is already in the works (There is another forum post about this where a Mod said it was).

11.) No opinion

12.) As long as it doesn't mess with the OG feel of the server, I think that would be a nice additional challenge.

13.) I would think they have a plan for branching to other gamemodes in the future, although I'm not totally sure.

14.) I think they should add those too, and I'm sure they have plans too. The only problem is it takes time to develop and create a polished feeling server using these features. As TheMisterEpic said in his video, they have plans for many other types of gamemodes in the future.

15.) I always do like the assistance that TP commands give to a user, but I think it sort of ruins the OG feeling. Although, I wouldn't be upset with tp features because it is a nice addition. Authentic SMP still feels more closed off to me though where people often didn't go far away from spawn (unless they wanted to travel that far to get to their base everytime).

16.) No opinion, probably a good thing though.

1.) Seems a little unnecessary, and not that much like an OG SMP experience.

2.) Shield debacle is being voted on in #announcements on the discord. As it currently lies, 342-115 in favor of NOT disabling shields. Also should be noted that the server is going to be 1.16 out of the gate, but it will feature 1.8 combat (probably, again being voted on in the discord).

3.) That seems like an interesting idea, although if I was to guess, it would probably come down to the end fully resetting every time just based on the number of builds that will already be there. Maybe just reset it whenever the SMP is reset itself would be a nice compromise there.

4.) There are a lot of SMP servers already out there, and most of them don't have griefing problems. They have anti-griefing plugins (which is more or less a necessity now a-days). The community surrounding SMP servers is also generally quite friendly. I'm sure the administration will come up with a number of solutions to potential griefing problems.

5.) That is a great idea, although, you could start this yourself. On the forums of many communities, an FAQ topic is surprisingly rarely created by the staff, and it is usually just a pinned post from a dedicated player in the fanbase.

6.) Sounds similar to a Helper role on other servers, and who knows what the staff will do when it comes to that. Also as a side note, mini-mod is a poor term for this since mini-modding is a term used to describe people who are not staff member attempting to perform staff duties, and it is usually against the rules on many servers.

7.) No opinion

8.) I think two separate server types (solos and duos) would be great.

9.) It is possible to have a creative world that works with 1.8-1.16 (you can just only use 1.8 blocks). However, I like the current focus from the team on other gamemodes like SMP and such.

10.) I'm fairly certain this is already in the works (There is another forum post about this where a Mod said it was).

11.) No opinion

12.) As long as it doesn't mess with the OG feel of the server, I think that would be a nice additional challenge.

13.) I would think they have a plan for branching to other gamemodes in the future, although I'm not totally sure.

14.) I think they should add those too, and I'm sure they have plans too. The only problem is it takes time to develop and create a polished feeling server using these features. As TheMisterEpic said in his video, they have plans for many other types of gamemodes in the future.

15.) I always do like the assistance that TP commands give to a user, but I think it sort of ruins the OG feeling. Although, I wouldn't be upset with tp features because it is a nice addition. Authentic SMP still feels more closed off to me though where people often didn't go far away from spawn (unless they wanted to travel that far to get to their base everytime).

16.) No opinion, probably a good thing though.
Thanks for your opinion on this, about the FAQ, i know that Frequix is making a guide on the forums page this week, hopefully it will be similar to a FAQ, i also do slightly agree with you on 15, but without /spawn at least, we wouldnt be able to get the main hub of events, and thats kinda a bummer

Dolphin

1 - A reputation system for the upcoming SMP servers, let me explain, in spawn there will be a (or in the discord) book or chat that people can use a command to give reputation to other people, if you grief people they can lower your reputation, but there would be no anti grief, so it’s all about trust and skill, if your skilled enough you could pull the most epic heist, but if your caught, your in trouble. but if a admin sees that someone is abusing this system, the abuser would get a huge lowering in their reputation or even have a bounty put on them, at spawn there should be shops people could set up, and have reputation limits, like the food shop should only allow people with 10 Rep or higher, so you must be careful, there should also be a currency that can be donated, but it should be able to be stolen, and people with higher rep will be able to store it more easily, along with this, you could put clubs or trading area, using that rep allowed system.
Sounds good
2 - shield dilemma, Don't add shields, its a OG experience not a custom PVP experience, but if you do, make them have automatically low durability like flint n' steel and make them dialable with crits from a sword and if there 1.9 or higher make a plugin that lowers axes attack, because axes would be OP, this would make everything fair for everyone
In survival shields good, in PvP shields bad
3 - make it so end city's get reset in the SMP but not the end itself. why? well because people like me will want to build a end base and not have it get deleted.
Or shulkers could respawn in end cities
4 - one big thing problem i think the smp will have is greifers buying multiple accounts and then using these to make the SMP like 2b2t, so have some rules against alts or make it so you can ban people from the SMP but not the rest of the server.
They could always ip ban people
5 - make a FAQ, there's a lot of people asking the same questions and this would make it easier on the mods as there is very few of them.
here is some of the most FAQ I've seen while playing,
- is there any game mode other than SG?
- what do ranks give you?
- why is the server crashing so much?
- why cant i break blocks in SG?
- is teaming allowed in SG?
- where are the rules?
- who are the staff?
- how do i get ranks?
- what versions is the server on?
Agreed
6 - add a role that's like a mini mod, less power than a mod (they cant ban kick etc.) but there is a lower age constraint, for people who want to help and answer questions, which leaves more time for mods to check reports and catch hackers, this would be helpful especially when you guys get more game modes.
Agreed
7 - balance out timings for SG, chest refills should happen more often, but ender/ tier 2 chests should become tier 1 chests so middle campers dont always win, make the death match happen after 20 minutes or when there is only 3 players left and make it so after 15 minutes people glow or give everyone trackers, make deathmatches 5 minutes, so a game at max would be 25 minutes
Haven't played the server yet so idk
8 - make a dedicated 2 player SGs as many people wanna have a fair 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 but other wanna have a 2v2v2v2v2 so everyone's happy and there's a lot less arguing.
Agreed
9 - make a simple creative plot world where people can build what they want and see others builds too ( idk if its possible with the amount of block differences in 1.8-1.16 )
They'll probably add that but it seems too similar to other servers (How can you make creative mode p2w?)
10 - make a official rule list ( credit to: EPIKSTA)
Agreed 1000%
11 - host championships every month (a SG competition with 100 entry spots, people who haven't been in one get priority, 10000 ingame money reward for winner)
Sounds good
12 - create achievements and challenges, like if you kill 10 people you get the "murderer" achievement, or a use no armor and win a SG challenge for extra xp and coins
Agreed
13 - change the name once you get more game modes, because OGSG wont fit when you have a SMP
Agreed
14 - add spleef, giant parkour maps, duels, skywars, and OG bedwars, as these are the maps i think of when i think OG game modes.\
Agreed
15 - have no commands except for /sethome and /spawn in the SMP, as these are kinda needed if your far out you need to get to your base or to spawn, unless the world has world borders then dont add these.
Agreed
16 - add a filter to chat that puts a # instead of 1 letter of commonly used curse words as younger players might be playing
Agreed

Sounds good

In survival shields good, in PvP shields bad

Or shulkers could respawn in end cities

They could always ip ban people

Agreed

Agreed

Haven't played the server yet so idk

Agreed

They'll probably add that but it seems too similar to other servers (How can you make creative mode p2w?)

Agreed 1000%

Sounds good

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed
im glad to hear you agree with me :), but the reason i was thinking of end cities respawning was the elytra

Frequix

1) Seems like a good idea bit not too fitting for OG:SG.

2) If we use 1.8 pvp we will most likely disable shields.

3) Good idea but I feel like adding a shulker respawn plugin would be easier and better.

4) There will possibly be a network wide rule added that disallows the usage of alternativ accounts to gain an advantage in games.

5) I have planns to write a FAQ sometime.

6) We have many good applicants but deciding to not accept all of them. We accept applications from when we need more staff. Currently we have staff enought.
And besides, it would be harder to manage as seperate documents, etc would need to be made.

And you don't need a fancy role to help. If someone asks q question and a staff member doesn't answer, answer it. Just don't mini mod or try to do staff members job when they are able to.

7) No Opinion.

8) The reason why we allowed teaming wasn't because we were lazy to add 2 different modes. Here are some reasons:
- Lobbys would take longer to fill out
- Some players would still cross team
- Teaming is apart of the og experience.
- You can win over teams, just play smarter.
- Teams give you a challenge, and if there is no challemge how would you improve?

9) We most likely wouldn't add this as its not really OG, but if we would, we would most likely just allow the latest version to join.

10) Working on it. Just need Fancy to edit some things along the way.

11) We most likely will host events, but not as big or with as crazy rewards.

12) Agreed.

13) Its not needed and a waste. We would need to get new designs, buy a new domain and setup some behind the scenes things again.

14) These things might get added during time, but it requires time, money and a big enought playerbase to keep fast queues going.

15) Not heavily against or for currently as Im not sure how the SMP will be.

16) Swearing and Toxcicity is apart of the og experience. We are strict enought on chat punishments but not too strict.

1) Seems like a good idea bit not too fitting for OG:SG.

2) If we use 1.8 pvp we will most likely disable shields.

3) Good idea but I feel like adding a shulker respawn plugin would be easier and better.

4) There will possibly be a network wide rule added that disallows the usage of alternativ accounts to gain an advantage in games.

5) I have planns to write a FAQ sometime.

6) We have many good applicants but deciding to not accept all of them. We accept applications from when we need more staff. Currently we have staff enought.
And besides, it would be harder to manage as seperate documents, etc would need to be made.

And you don't need a fancy role to help. If someone asks q question and a staff member doesn't answer, answer it. Just don't mini mod or try to do staff members job when they are able to.

7) No Opinion.

8) The reason why we allowed teaming wasn't because we were lazy to add 2 different modes. Here are some reasons:
- Lobbys would take longer to fill out
- Some players would still cross team
- Teaming is apart of the og experience.
- You can win over teams, just play smarter.
- Teams give you a challenge, and if there is no challemge how would you improve?

9) We most likely wouldn't add this as its not really OG, but if we would, we would most likely just allow the latest version to join.

10) Working on it. Just need Fancy to edit some things along the way.

11) We most likely will host events, but not as big or with as crazy rewards.

12) Agreed.

13) Its not needed and a waste. We would need to get new designs, buy a new domain and setup some behind the scenes things again.

14) These things might get added during time, but it requires time, money and a big enought playerbase to keep fast queues going.

15) Not heavily against or for currently as Im not sure how the SMP will be.

16) Swearing and Toxcicity is apart of the og experience. We are strict enought on chat punishments but not too strict.
thanks for replying! i do agree with most of the things you said and the reasons for that, and thx for making a FaQ!