Midweek MADNESS UPDATES - New Party/Friend System, Elo system and a bunch of new maps including Rise of Orient, Wyverns Wake and more!

blogdone2jjj.jpg

Hello tributes, I hope you are enjoying the server so far! We've got a lot of new updates, features and highly requested maps to share with you all!

Party System and Friend System
Both the party and friend system we're highly requested features! We have custom coded a party system and friend system, allowing you to join games with friends easier, as well as friend players you meet in game! Respective commands are /friend (/f) and /party (/p). With the introduction of the friend and party system, we have also added /settings which allows you to disable friend invites, party invites and private messages!
2.png

Elo System
As I'm sure many of you know, we also recentley implemented an elo or rating system. Basically, its your own personal score or skill rating, determined by kills, deaths and wins. However, unlike your standard ranking system, the elo system allows you to gain more elo if you kill better players, and lose less if you get killed by them. The opposite is also possible, so skilled players will really have to play to the best of their abilities! Doing /elo will display your elo, and you can see the top rated players by doing /elotop
Keep in mind that we may tweak elo gains and losses in the future based on community feedback.

3.png

New Maps!
By popular demand we have also added a bunch of new maps, many of which we're highly requested. The new maps include:

Rise of Orient:
orient.jpg

Survival Games 7 (Vareide 7):
vareide7.jpg

Wyverns Wake (my personal favourite):
wyverns.jpg

Remnant (gorgeous map):

remnant.jpg

Origins (Reqrium_V2):
orgins.jpg

If you want to see more maps in the future, be sure to let us know in the comments here. We are happy to add other maps from servers such as the nexus, it doesn't just have to be MCSG maps!

The Future!

There is still much more to add in the future. We have heard the complaints and understand that many players want a teams gamemode. If we manage to get a large enough player base we will be sure to add that. As for the SMP, we have begun work on it and are aiming to get it out as soon as possible. We want to make sure the release is as smooth as possible (and we don't have multiple server crashes like with survival games), so we don't want to rush it.

And remember, for the first month the server is up, if you donate you will get special founders cosmetics as well as a cool little symbol next to your name as a token of our appreciation for supporting the server in the early days! But this is only available this month, and never again after that! https://shop.og-sg.net/

Comments

TheMisterEpic
TheMisterEpic
i must have missed when u found rise or orient still missing the other one?
Coloseium is nowhere to be found, Dead even got into contact with 1 of the builders and he couldnt get it. So unless somebody randomly has it, it's been lost to time.

This is absolutely awesome. I never thought I'd ever play Survival Games after returning to Java Edition, but this server has changed my mind. Keep it up you're doing great!

If anybody remembers the old versions of the minecraft guide books then you may remember a page on the combat one about the map remnent :D

Coloseium is nowhere to be found, Dead even got into contact with 1 of the builders and he couldnt get it. So unless somebody randomly has it, it's been lost to time.
This is so sad bro, Coloseium was one of the most nostalgic map, last time I saw it in use was in 2019 (Minecraft Monday) try to get in contact with the runners if you can (Laakeb) but thats virtually impossible so R.I.P

TheMisterEpic
TheMisterEpic
This is so sad bro, Coloseium was one of the most nostalgic map, last time I saw it in use was in 2019 (Minecraft Monday) try to get in contact with the runners if you can (Laakeb) but thats virtually impossible so R.I.P
If anybody manages to get it, then be sure to ask them to send us a copy

If anybody remembers the old versions of the minecraft guide books then you may remember a page on the combat one about the map remnent :D
I don't remember that, but I still have the combat book. I'mma look for it for sure.

S
Can we expect more games in the future? Like mini games and such.