My Thoughts About Rank Perks on This Server, with Solutions on How To Make Them Equal

This server is a nice server. It has survival, games, practically everything. But one thing that really annoys me about this server particularly are the P2W aspects in some of its ranks that it offers, and also selling ranks for absolutely absurd prices. The P2W aspects will be shown off each one by one, with a description on how it impacts the server, while also providing ways to make it equal for players that don't have a rank. Prices will be shown in a table next to Hypixel's prices for comparison. Ranks are listed by perks provided by the ranks. The order is lowest rank to highest rank.

With that out of the way, let's see the P2W aspects.

Server Wide:

(Prime) - Chat Formatting
Chat formatting is pretty self-explanatory, but obviously is just a slight tweak that would annoy non-paying players.
This could be fixed by allowing everyone to use it, because restricting it to rank is just unnecessary.

Survival Server:
At this point, some of these perks are just unfair to non-paying players and some of them give a blatantly unfair advantage.

(Prime) - Book Formatting, Item Formatting & Other Formatting Areas
While not being P2W for the most part, this can be annoying for non-paying players. Note that the book formatting limitation can be bypassed by using mods that allow you to type the § symbol. This could be made equal by allowing everyone to use formatting, even if they don't have a rank.

(Prime) - See Death Coordinates in Survival
This one is most likely one of the most disgusting features that ranks have to offer. As a matter of fact, this should just be removed entirely because even if it could be given to non-paying players, it takes away from the survival experience. It just completely ruins it. This feature is blatantly P2W as it gives paying players the ability to see their death coordinates, while non-paying players can't.

(Prime) - /seen and /recipe
When it comes to /seen, there is absolutely zero indication on what it is, which means that this would have to be skipped. /recipe would be considered semi-P2W as it gives paying players the ability to see recipes. This is considered semi-P2W since the Minecraft Wiki exists, and you can just look up recipes without even knowing them. /recipe should be available to everyone at least, or it should get completely removed.

(Ace) - Hide Item Frames
This one is specifically for building so I could consider it semi-P2W but it does give a feature only to paying players that non-paying players should have.

(OG+) - Stall Customization
This one would also be considered P2W, but not as bad as seeing your death co
ordinates. The market is an extremely popular place on the server to buy items, maparts, and more, but the stalls without customization can be super cluttered and space inefficient. This means that without a specific rank, customizing your stall is impossible. A solution would be to make it available to all players, as restricting it to a specific rank that costs 69.00$ is absolutely pointless.

(OG++) - Start Event
This specific perk is absolutely unnecessary. At this point, some perks are just becoming server administration features. This is absolutely unnecessary and should be removed entirely as offering ranked players these features just results in them spamming the chat. The messages produced by these events just fills up 1/3 of your entire screen which makes it extremely annoying. This one should be removed entirely as it is just completely pointless and annoys many people.

(OG++) - /astools
While being completely a cosmetic feature, it does make the server worse for non-paying players, so this one should be available to everyone.

(OG++) - /afk
This one just gives paying players an infinite boost over non-paying players. Remember when there was that video that was posted about servers inflating their player count? This is exactly the same thing, but even worse. Not only does it inflate the player count, but as an incentive, it also gives players $1000 of in-game currency every hour they stay. Removing this one would be completely justified as it provides an unfair advantage to paying players that boosts them far past other players.

(Prime 2, Ace 2, OG 3, OG+ 4, OG++ 5) - Survival Homes
Providing extra houses for paying players is an unfair advantage. Another fact about /home is that beds don't even work on this server, and even worse, this is probably entirely intentional. Giving players extra respawn points is pointless. It strays away from the vanilla experience. /homes shouldn't even exist in the first place. Beds should be the way to respawn. Every player should get at least 2 homes, or just completely remove the /homes functionality and replace it with beds.

(OG++) - /announce and /nick
/announce allows paying players to be heard over other players which is unfair since it gives players that pay more of a voice over others that don't pay, and /nick allows you to change your username for a period of time. This could also be considered unfair since you could /nick yourself and players could think that you're a different person. Making /announce available to everyone would be a better move to make, and completely remove /nick.

Rank Prices
Prime$9.99 USDVIP$6.99 USD
Ace$19.99 USDVIP+$14.99 USD
OG$39.99 USDMVP$29.99 USD
OG+$69.99 USDMVP+$44.99 USD
OG++$9.99 USD/monthMVP++$9.99 USD/month
These rank prices compare the prices between OG Network, left, and Hypixel, right
For a small server like this, the rank prices should be significantly less as they don't provide as much value when compared to ranks on a bigger server, like Hypixel.

Rank Prices (Own Thoughts)
Prime - $3.99
Ace - $9.99
OG - $19.99 USD
OG+ - $29.99 USD
OG++ - $5.99/month

Rank Upgrades
Unlike Hypixel, OG Network has rank upgrades. The prices are:
Prime -> Ace9.99 USD
Prime -> OG29.99 USD
Prime -> OG+59.99 USD
Ace -> OG19.99 USD
Ace -> OG+49.99 USD
OG -> OG+29.99 USD
Upgrading from Prime to OG+ is nearly the cost of the rank itself.

New Rank Prices (Own Thoughts)
Ranks

Prime - $3.99
Ace - $9.99
OG - $19.99 USD
OG+ - $29.99 USD
OG++ - $5.99/month
Rank Upgrades
Prime -> Ace - $5.99
Prime -> OG - $15.99
Prime -> OG+ - $25.99
Ace -> OG - $10.99
Ace -> OG+ - $19.99
OG -> OG+ - $9.99

These prices would make ranks on the server worth it, as they would provide perks at a much better price to perks ratio than the prices are currently.

Ideas to Improve The Server
Make ranks mostly cosmetic perks only
Don't provide P2W advantages over others in ranks.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Also if you are TheMisterEpic and you have read this, please consider this feedback, and also thank you for reading this.

xVibeLordx

This server is a nice server. It has survival, games, practically everything. But one thing that really annoys me about this server particularly are the P2W aspects in some of its ranks that it offers, and also selling ranks for absolutely absurd prices. The P2W aspects will be shown off each one by one, with a description on how it impacts the server, while also providing ways to make it equal for players that don't have a rank. Prices will be shown in a table next to Hypixel's prices for comparison. Ranks are listed by perks provided by the ranks. The order is lowest rank to highest rank.

With that out of the way, let's see the P2W aspects.

Server Wide:

(Prime) - Chat Formatting
Chat formatting is pretty self-explanatory, but obviously is just a slight tweak that would annoy non-paying players.
This could be fixed by allowing everyone to use it, because restricting it to rank is just unnecessary.

Survival Server:
At this point, some of these perks are just unfair to non-paying players and some of them give a blatantly unfair advantage.

(Prime) - Book Formatting, Item Formatting & Other Formatting Areas
While not being P2W for the most part, this can be annoying for non-paying players. Note that the book formatting limitation can be bypassed by using mods that allow you to type the § symbol. This could be made equal by allowing everyone to use formatting, even if they don't have a rank.

(Prime) - See Death Coordinates in Survival
This one is most likely one of the most disgusting features that ranks have to offer. As a matter of fact, this should just be removed entirely because even if it could be given to non-paying players, it takes away from the survival experience. It just completely ruins it. This feature is blatantly P2W as it gives paying players the ability to see their death coordinates, while non-paying players can't.

(Prime) - /seen and /recipe
When it comes to /seen, there is absolutely zero indication on what it is, which means that this would have to be skipped. /recipe would be considered semi-P2W as it gives paying players the ability to see recipes. This is considered semi-P2W since the Minecraft Wiki exists, and you can just look up recipes without even knowing them. /recipe should be available to everyone at least, or it should get completely removed.

(Ace) - Hide Item Frames
This one is specifically for building so I could consider it semi-P2W but it does give a feature only to paying players that non-paying players should have.

(OG+) - Stall Customization
This one would also be considered P2W, but not as bad as seeing your death co
ordinates. The market is an extremely popular place on the server to buy items, maparts, and more, but the stalls without customization can be super cluttered and space inefficient. This means that without a specific rank, customizing your stall is impossible. A solution would be to make it available to all players, as restricting it to a specific rank that costs 69.00$ is absolutely pointless.

(OG++) - Start Event
This specific perk is absolutely unnecessary. At this point, some perks are just becoming server administration features. This is absolutely unnecessary and should be removed entirely as offering ranked players these features just results in them spamming the chat. The messages produced by these events just fills up 1/3 of your entire screen which makes it extremely annoying. This one should be removed entirely as it is just completely pointless and annoys many people.

(OG++) - /astools
While being completely a cosmetic feature, it does make the server worse for non-paying players, so this one should be available to everyone.

(OG++) - /afk
This one just gives paying players an infinite boost over non-paying players. Remember when there was that video that was posted about servers inflating their player count? This is exactly the same thing, but even worse. Not only does it inflate the player count, but as an incentive, it also gives players $1000 of in-game currency every hour they stay. Removing this one would be completely justified as it provides an unfair advantage to paying players that boosts them far past other players.

(Prime 2, Ace 2, OG 3, OG+ 4, OG++ 5) - Survival Homes
Providing extra houses for paying players is an unfair advantage. Another fact about /home is that beds don't even work on this server, and even worse, this is probably entirely intentional. Giving players extra respawn points is pointless. It strays away from the vanilla experience. /homes shouldn't even exist in the first place. Beds should be the way to respawn. Every player should get at least 2 homes, or just completely remove the /homes functionality and replace it with beds.

(OG++) - /announce and /nick
/announce allows paying players to be heard over other players which is unfair since it gives players that pay more of a voice over others that don't pay, and /nick allows you to change your username for a period of time. This could also be considered unfair since you could /nick yourself and players could think that you're a different person. Making /announce available to everyone would be a better move to make, and completely remove /nick.

Rank Prices
Prime$9.99 USDVIP$6.99 USD
Ace$19.99 USDVIP+$14.99 USD
OG$39.99 USDMVP$29.99 USD
OG+$69.99 USDMVP+$44.99 USD
OG++$9.99 USD/monthMVP++$9.99 USD/month
These rank prices compare the prices between OG Network, left, and Hypixel, right
For a small server like this, the rank prices should be significantly less as they don't provide as much value when compared to ranks on a bigger server, like Hypixel.

Rank Prices (Own Thoughts)
Prime - $3.99
Ace - $9.99
OG - $19.99 USD
OG+ - $29.99 USD
OG++ - $5.99/month

Rank Upgrades
Unlike Hypixel, OG Network has rank upgrades. The prices are:
Prime -> Ace9.99 USD
Prime -> OG29.99 USD
Prime -> OG+59.99 USD
Ace -> OG19.99 USD
Ace -> OG+49.99 USD
OG -> OG+29.99 USD
Upgrading from Prime to OG+ is nearly the cost of the rank itself.

New Rank Prices (Own Thoughts)
Ranks

Prime - $3.99
Ace - $9.99
OG - $19.99 USD
OG+ - $29.99 USD
OG++ - $5.99/month
Rank Upgrades
Prime -> Ace - $5.99
Prime -> OG - $15.99
Prime -> OG+ - $25.99
Ace -> OG - $10.99
Ace -> OG+ - $19.99
OG -> OG+ - $9.99

These prices would make ranks on the server worth it, as they would provide perks at a much better price to perks ratio than the prices are currently.

Ideas to Improve The Server
Make ranks mostly cosmetic perks only
Don't provide P2W advantages over others in ranks.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Also if you are TheMisterEpic and you have read this, please consider this feedback, and also thank you for reading this.
well u took a few hours just to type this out

Syntchi

Staff
Wow this ones a doozy.. Lets start out with everything besides /seen, /recipe, /afk, homes, and death coords. All of the other features of ranks are purely cosmetic and justified as paid IMO. Before you jump to conclusions as mod i do not get any cosmetic related things without myself paying for them and im only currently prime. Hosting a server on this scale is incredibly expensive and the staff has worked tirelessly to find compromises between a base vanilla experience and finding ways to offer perks to people kind enough to donate. Having grievances with what is offered at each level of donation is fine and is something discussed quite frequently. I do not know financial details of server operation but i do know the Hypixels prices are the way they are because they deal at a much larger scale. More people purchase things on their store in a day then this server has ever gotten combined. /afk does not pay users outside of the afk room and is purely cosmetic. non donated users have the same ability to afk for money as og++. Death coords are a hard one because most client minimaps have this built in and all users are allowed to use these. /recipe does not affect gameplay other than speed of understanding a recipe, if you really need to know how to craft something like you said the wiki is free. /seen has no effect on gameplay and can be nice for donors

xVibeLordx

Wow this ones a doozy.. Lets start out with everything besides /seen, /recipe, /afk, homes, and death coords. All of the other features of ranks are purely cosmetic and justified as paid IMO. Before you jump to conclusions as mod i do not get any cosmetic related things without myself paying for them and im only currently prime. Hosting a server on this scale is incredibly expensive and the staff has worked tirelessly to find compromises between a base vanilla experience and finding ways to offer perks to people kind enough to donate. Having grievances with what is offered at each level of donation is fine and is something discussed quite frequently. I do not know financial details of server operation but i do know the Hypixels prices are the way they are because they deal at a much larger scale. More people purchase things on their store in a day then this server has ever gotten combined. /afk does not pay users outside of the afk room and is purely cosmetic. non donated users have the same ability to afk for money as og++. Death coords are a hard one because most client minimaps have this built in and all users are allowed to use these. /recipe does not affect gameplay other than speed of understanding a recipe, if you really need to know how to craft something like you said the wiki is free. /seen has no effect on gameplay and can be nice for donors
tell him girl!!

Retsam21

My opinion might not count for much since I'm new, but I'll say this:
I think both sides have valid arguments. While some of the perks may be advantageous, the majority are cosmetic or have alternatives. However, blocking voice chat behind a paywall is rather pointless and kind of frustrating. When it comes to shops, not being able to make them look nice or be better organized can also be a pain for some people, I'm sure.

Ouzen

Staff
My opinion might not count for much since I'm new, but I'll say this:
I think both sides have valid arguments. While some of the perks may be advantageous, the majority are cosmetic or have alternatives. However, blocking voice chat behind a paywall is rather pointless and kind of frustrating. When it comes to shops, not being able to make them look nice or be better organized can also be a pain for some people, I'm sure.
Having voice chat behind a paywall is good because it makes it easier to moderate. We mute several people daily for threats, slurs, and all kinds of toxic behavior; imagine how bad that would be if it was in voice chat constantly. Not to mention it would be practically impossible to moderate without having logs of it.